The Australian Olympic Change-Maker Program (AOCM) is an exciting new initiative which seeks to identify and bring together young leaders in sport who are ‘making a difference’ in their school or local community.
This award was previously the Pierre de Coubertin Award but has now been revised and re-launched. Nominations close 30 August. You can find out more here: http://aochangemaker.com.au.
Once nominated by the school, students will:
- Be invited to a special State Leadership Forum hosted by WA Olympians to be held in Perth on the 19th September 2019.
- Those students in Regional towns will be provided a secure link to join in Forum Activities and listen to a key note presentation by Olympian - Olivia Vivian who will speak on the topic of leadership and her sporting journey.
- All students will received a certificate from the AOC to recognise their efforts.
Please note nomination is quick and simple (only takes 5 minutes). The video component mentioned is NOT required for State nomination by the school. However, if the students do want to get creative and complete the 60 second video (this can be done AFTER the school nomination has been completed) they will then also be considered for invitation to the National Awards which will be held in Sydney.
Where to from here? Simply...
- Identify up to TWO Year 10, 11 or 12 students who actively demonstrate leadership through sport and/or use sport as a vehicle to improve health & well-being and drive social change in their school or local community.
- Complete the online nomination form HERE.
- Enter the required details and press SUBMIT.
If you have any queries or require assistance nominating students this year please give me a call on 0421 144 802. WAOC@olympics.com.au
We look forward to hearing from you and recognising your students once again with this fantastic new initiative as we journey towards Tokyo 2020.