All Star Teams
It is the policy of the Associated and Catholic Colleges to recognize outstanding individual achievement in the three major carnivals through the provision of Honorary All Star teams. These teams are referred to as "All Star" as an acknowledgement of individual selection where teams and individuals do not actually play in competitions. Previous to 2013 these teams were titled "Representative Teams".
"All Star" teams are selected in athletics, swimming and cross country. The team is an "All ACC" honorary team consisting of the best performer(s) in each event across all schools and divisions within the association. It is a great achievement to be selected in an All Star team across more than 60 schools. All students selected in an All Star team are presented with a commemorative badge and certificate of acknowledgment from the ACC.
First introduced in 2013, the awarding of "ACC Letters" is the highest individual accolade awarded by the ACC. To receive "Letters", a student must be selected in an All Star team in the same sport for a minimum of four years. The number of years does not have to be consecutive, but the years are not cumulative across sports.
- Letters can only be achieved by All Star selection in the same sport for at least 4 years.
- Letters can be achieved in multiple sports as long as the student meets the qualification criteria of four year selections in each sport.
- Letters are only awarded for the three major carnival sports; Athletics, Cross Country and Swimming.
- Letters awards commenced in 2013 with the starting qualification period dating back to 2009.
- Only students currently enrolled in an ACC school are eligible to receive Letters.
- Students that graduated before 2013 are not eligible to receive letters.
- Students that are awarded letters will be presented with a framed "ACC Letter" as a memento of their outstanding achievement and will also become members of the exclusive ACC Lettermen Club.
Students can check their All Star Letters status on the all time All Star list. Download and open the PDF file and do a search for your name. The file will display each student that has been selected in an All Star or representative team since 2009. The sport, student name, school, year selected and number of selections will be displayed. If you have achieved selection in the same sport for at least 4 years then you are eligible to receive your ACC Letters.