All Star Teams
It is the policy of the Associated and Catholic Colleges to recognize outstanding individual achievement through the provision of Honorary and Representative All Star teams. These "All Star" teams are referred to as "Honorary" as an acknowledgement of individual selection where teams and individuals do not actually play in competitions. "All Star" teams that actually play in competition are referred to as "Representative". Previous to 2013 these teams were all titled "Representative Teams".
Honorary "All Star" teams are selected in athletics, swimming and cross country. The team is an "All ACC" honorary team consisting of the best performer(s) in each event across all schools and divisions within the association.
It is a great achievement to be selected in an All Star team across more than 80 schools. All students selected in an All Star team are presented with a commemorative badge and certificate of acknowledgment from the ACC.
First introduced in 2013, the awarding of "ACC Letters" is the highest individual accolade awarded by the ACC. To receive "Letters", a student must be selected in an All Star team in the same sport for the prescribed minimum number of years. The number of years does not have to be consecutive, but the years are not cumulative across sports.
- Letters in Honorary sports can only be achieved by All Star selection in the same sport for at least 4 years.
- Letters in Representative sports can only be achieved by All Star selection in the same sport for at least 3 years.
- Letters can be achieved in multiple sports as long as the student meets the qualification criteria of four or three year selections in each sport.
- Letters are awarded for honorary selection in the three major carnival sports of Athletics, Cross Country and Swimming.
- Letters are awarded for representative selection in Basketball, Cricket and Netball.
- Letters awards in athletics, cross country and swimming commenced in 2013. Basketball, cricket and netball commenced in 2018. The starting qualification period dating back to 2009.
- Only students currently enrolled in an ACC school are eligible to receive Letters.
- Students that graduated before 2013 are not eligible to receive letters.
- Students that are awarded letters will be presented with a framed "ACC Letter" as a memento of their outstanding achievement and will also become members of the exclusive ACC Lettermen Club.
Students can check their All Star Letters status on the all time All Star list. Download and open the PDF file and do a search for your name. The file will display each student that has been selected in an All Star or representative team since 2009. The sport, student name, school, year selected and number of selections will be displayed. If you have achieved selection in the same sport for at least 3 or 4 years then you are eligible to receive your ACC Letters.