UTSTANDING SERVICE AWARDS - 10 & 20 YEARS
These awards may be given to an individual who has demonstrated a continued commitment to ACC events and activities within their school(s) or in support of school activities. The recipient may be a school sports coordinator or staff member, ACC employee, community appointed official or coach. Service is accrued annually and can be cumulative across member schools. Service does not have to be continuous as long as the total years are at least 10 and 20.
Ten Year Service
This award recognises and may be presented to individuals who have completed ten (10) years of service in the implementation or support of ACC events and activities.
Twenty Year Service
This award recognises and may be presented to individuals who have completed twenty (20) years of service in the implementation or support of ACC events and activities.
- Nominations for Service Awards may be submitted by any member school Principal or Sports Coordinator, on the on-line nomination form, and must be received by the ACC prior to the end of August in the year of qualification/nomination.
- Each level of award for this category will be awarded a certificate that will be presented at an appropriate forum.
- Service awards will not be presented retrospectively and can only be awarded to individuals who are currently employed or actively engaged in ACC activities and events. Individuals that are no longer employed or engaged in ACC sport but have made a significant contribution to ACC sport over many years can still be eligible for the St Sebastian award, but not service awards.
- Years of active service prior to 2013, the year the awards were first introduced, can be counted towards the total service record. Service years can be cumulative across ACC schools/employers.
- Service awards can be self-nominated but require Principal approval.
- Nominations for a service award can only relate to one category in any calendar year i.e. you cannot nominate for a 10 and 20 year award in the same year.